Jesus modeled a life of mercy and compassion, and as we follow His example, the lives we touch are touched by God and our lives are filled with purpose and power. Here’s a list of just a few service opportunities we have available here at St. John’s.
- Love INC – Big Woods – St. John’s is one of a group of churches that support Love In the Name of Christ located here in Buffalo. This organization serves as a resource for education and support for struggling families in the Buffalo, Maple Lake and Hanover area.
- Buffalo Food Shelf – St. John’s members gather food, raise money and volunteer to support the Buffalo Food Shelf.
- Compassion International – Members of St. John’s have committed to support disadvantaged children in third world countries with money to support their schooling along with Christian compassion and witnessing.
- Project Compassion – This committee of St. John’s members attend to the needs of our homebound members and those that are suffering in mind, body or spirit. The offer visits, cards, prayer shawls, and more.
- Sewing Circle – This group of men and women create quilts to be given to inner-city missions or to sell to raise funds for other mission projects.
- Women in Mission – Their main project is the Country Fair in November which raises funds for a variety charitable organizations. They also sponsor in-gatherings of items needed by other service groups.